How to turn off Facebook messenger active status: Facebook messenger is one of the most famous instant messaging apps. This article will discuss how to turn off Facebook messenger active status.
What is Facebook messenger active status
Active status shows you active on facebook messenger whenever you log into Facebook messenger. It shows a sign to your contacts when you’re active or recently active on Facebook or Messenger.
Your friends on Facebook messenger can check you online by checking the green spot. The green sport highlighted whenever a user login. As soon as the user logs out it turns off.
Sometimes we want to hide our active status of messenger for privacy purpose. After reading this article, you will learn “how to appear offline on facebook messenger” using your laptop or android phone.
Maybe you are on a leave and don’t want your boss to watch you online. You have the option of turning off active status on messenger.
Facebook messenger is famous due to some unique features. You can easily turn off your active status on messenger by following some simple steps.
Also read: Best Office Set For The Desk in 2019
This article will let you know:
1. How to turn off Facebook Messenger Active status on Android app
2. How to Turn off Facebook messenger active status on the desktop.
If you don’t know how to turn off facebook messenger online status on android or desktop then this article is going to help you.
How to turn off Facebook Messenger Active status on Android app
To turn off Facebook Messenger Active status on Android app, you need to follow the steps given below.
1. Visit the Facebook messenger app home page.
2. Click the profile image on the upper right corner
3. You will be redirected to this page on the messenger app.
4. Click the active status.
5. Slide the toggle toward left as mentioned in the screenshot.
6. A popup will open up with cancel and turn off button. Simply click the turn-off.
You have done!
You will be no more visible active to the people on Facebook messenger.
At the same time, you can simply turn on the active status on Facebook messenger again by moving the toggle towards the right.
How to Turn off Facebook messenger active status on the desktop
In case you are using the desktop version of Facebook. Still, you can easily turn off the active status of Facebook messenger on your computer. I’m using both Android and desktop version of Facebook messenger. Sometimes we need to send files from our PC to another computer. In this case, we need to log into Facebook messenger via our computer.
It is necessary to know “How to Turn off Facebook messenger active status on the computer”. In this part of our article, we are going to discuss how to appear offline on Facebook messenger using our laptop or computer.
You can also easily turn off Facebook messenger active status on the desktop as well. You can follow the steps below.
1. All you need is to visit the home page of Facebook.
2. From right down corner, click the gear icon under the chat.
3. A popup will appear with multiple options.
4. Click the “Turn Off Chat”.
5. Another popup will appear with the following options:
6. You can choose one option of your choice. Next, click the Okay button.
You have done! The chat area on your computer will look blurry. You will be no more visible active to your friends on Facebook messenger. You can turn it on again any time by clicking the turn on the active status under the chat.
This is how you can turn off active status on Facebook messenger. I hope this article will help you in turning off your Facebook messenger active status on mobile and desktop.
Share this article with your friends and family around you to let them know the amazing feature of “Turn off Facebook messenger active status”.